chapterseldomread

chapterseldomread

Normally to be found in South Wales or Ireland. An unhealthy obsession with literature & the musicals of Stephen Sondheim has led to a very happy 33 years on this planet.

I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan
Alan Partridge, Rob Gibbons, Neil Gibbons, Armando Iannucci, Steve Coogan
Progress: 35 %
Pride and Prejudice
James Kinsley, Fiona Stafford, Jane Austen
Bad Science
Ben Goldacre
The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins Young adult fiction is about as far removed from my usual fare as you get but with the hype and the movie I thought it best to read this while I had relatively little knowledge of its content. Boy was I surprised. This is a great read. In my mind there is equal space in this world for great story tellers and great writers. So while the style of this book is as you would expect from a young adult novel, simple but engaging, the story is just downright riveting.I do have a bit of weakness for dystopian literature and while this is no The Handmaid's Tale, it makes a good stab at it considering it's market. There are another two books in the series which I no doubt will pick up but I have a feeling that they may not quite live up this one. I'm more than happy to be proved wrong on that front though.