chapterseldomread

chapterseldomread

Normally to be found in South Wales or Ireland. An unhealthy obsession with literature & the musicals of Stephen Sondheim has led to a very happy 33 years on this planet.

I, Partridge: We Need to Talk About Alan
Alan Partridge, Rob Gibbons, Neil Gibbons, Armando Iannucci, Steve Coogan
Progress: 35 %
Pride and Prejudice
James Kinsley, Fiona Stafford, Jane Austen
Bad Science
Ben Goldacre
World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War - Max Brooks Now normally my kind of thing at all but it was recommended to me as a favourite of someone else and I thought I'd give it a go. This book is exactly as the title suggests an oral history of a fictitious war against zombies. I liked the fact it was told in an interview style. However, this style also brought my attention to its biggest flaw; all the characters had the same voice/style. Also despite the rather exciting events occurring, the 'voice' is so distanced from the action you don't feel any of the drama.That being said, I liked it. The progress of the 'outbreak' was intriguing enough to keep me going and something also felt very real about this book. IF we are ever unlucky enough to be around for a zombie outbreak, I have a feeling the memoirs will read a little something like this.